GOVT. OF ASSAM
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTORATE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION, ASSAM
KAHILIPARA, GUWAHATI- 19
B. ADVERTISEMENT FOR RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP UNDER NEC SCHEME 2016-17 SUBJECT TO RELEASE OF FUND FROM NEC [Under the Scheme “Financial support to the students of NER for Higher Professional Courses”]
Applications are invited from the awardees of 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 batches for Renewal of NEC Merit Scholarship during the year 2016-17 subject to availability of the fund and fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- Applications for Renewal of NEC Merit Scholarship must be submitted online at www.dteassam.in in between 26th September, 2016 to 31st October, 2016.
- A passport size photograph must be submitted with the application form
- A Non-Duplication certificate as prescribed in the application form to be duly signed by the competent authority in every case.
- Renewal of Stipend and Book-Grant is generally for a period of one year. Stipend holders must apply for renewal of stipend and book-grant on a yearly basis mentioning the Original Sanction No. and Date.
- The candidate must have a valid Bank Account (Preferably in SBI) and details to be submitted along with the application. (Bank name, A/c No., Branch Name and IFS Code)
- While applying online for renewal the applicant shall fill up the renewal form completely and correctly. After submission, the applicant will have to take a print-out as generated by the system. The Print-out along with copies of Mark-sheets, Pass Certificates for the previous year along with photostat copy of front page of Bank Account Passbook must be submitted to the Principal/Head of the Educational Institutions for recommendation. Ph.D./M. Phil students while applying for renewal shall enclose the latest progress report from the Guide/Supervisor countersigned by the Registrar.
- The Principal/Head of the Institution while recommending a case for renewal of stipend and Book-Grant shall clearly indicate whether the stipend holders has been promoted to the next year/class or not. Stipend holders who have not been promoted to the next class shall not be forwarded for renewal by the Principal/Head of the Institution. Stipend holders who are not promoted to the next year/class will not be considered for further renewal and name of such stipend holders shall be removed form the records.
- In case of a Stipend holder who failed in one or more subject but is promoted to the next year/class, he/she will be considered for renewal provided the stipend holder clears all the back papers in the next examination. In all such cases for renewal, a Certificate in this regard from the Head of the Institution will accompany the request for subsequent renewal.
- Request for renewal of Stipend holders who have changed their subject of study/ changed their Institution of study will not be entertained, even if the students has availed the stipend for the previous course or part of it.
- Request for renewal of Stipend and Book-Grant in respect of stipend holder who discontinues their study for any period, for any reason other than on medical reason, will not be entertained. Stipend holders who discontinue their study on medical ground must submit a medical certificate from the District Medical Officer/Head of the Medical Institutions in this regard, clearly indicating the course and period of such break in study while applying for renewal.
- Extension of Stipend and Book-Grant beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained
- M. Phil. stipend is sanctioned for a period of one and half year and is extendable by a period of six months/ one semester based on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- Ph.D. stipend and book-grants are sanctioned normally for a period of 3 years, which is extendable for another one year based on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- Final year stipend holders wishing to draw the final disbursement of the stipend and book-grant after completion of their courses directly from the State Govt. will be required to submit a recommendation in this regard from the Head of the Institution.
The renewal application should reach the Office of the undersigned from the Principal/Head of the Institution on or before 15th November 2016 positively.
Director of Technical Education,
Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19